Nyomi's Twisties Recipe
If the kids are getting sick of sandwiches in their lunch boxes, try these yummy pastry treats, Nyomi's Twisties recipe is legendary and all the kids love them. Best of all, they are super easy to make!
How to make Nyomi's Twisties!
- Get two sheets of puff pastry
- Choose your fillings
- Lay out one of the sheets of puff pastry
- Top with your fillings (don't overfill)
- Top with the other sheet of puff pastry
- Press together gently
- Cut into strips with a pizza cutter
- Hold the ends of each strip and twist twice
- Place on a baking paper lined tray
- Drizzle with melted butter or egg wash and sprinkle with a topping (optional)
- Repeat to make as many as you need
- Bake in a hot oven, about 220 degrees celsius for ten minutes
Pastry Twisties Filling Ideas
The great thing about these twisties is that you can put almost anything in them, which makes it super easy to whip up a batch with whatever needs using up in the fridge. You can't put in anything too chunky though!
Keep a good supply of puff pastry in the fridge and you will always have a lunchbox snack ready to go.
Okay, so here are some ideas to put in your Twisties:
- ham and cheese
- pizza sauce, ham and cheese
- relish with ham and cheese
- bbq sauce with bacon and cheese
- pesto and goats cheese
- cream cheese and herbs
- butter, cinnamon and sugar
- butter, lemon zest and sugar
- lemon curd
- peanut butter and nutella
- apricot jam and prosciutto
- olive oil and dukkah or za'atar mixed to a thick paste
What to sprinkle on top of your Twisties:
This step is optional but for presentation's sake, you might like to top your twisties with things like grated parmesan cheese, sugar, cinnamon, dried herbs, sesame seeds, poppy seeds etc.
We hope you enjoy Nyomi's Twisties Recipe! Let us know if you make them and tag us on social media. @littletreehouselane