Basic Lunch Box Biscuits and Cake
We have been making these recipes for years so we thought we would share them with you! These basic lunch box biscuit and cake recipes are so versatile and a great all-round base to change up flavours.
Basic Lunch Box Biscuits
Then add the custard powder and salt first and mix well, then add one cup of flour at a time. This step is literally just so you don't end up with a face full of flour! It is a very big mix, you cannot mix this in a thermal mixer, it will need to be done either in a mixer or the first steps in a big bowl with hand beaters and then mix the dry ingredients in with a spoon.
- These biscuits freeze really well, so don't be afraid of the big batch - it just means you get them all done in one go.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to get the perfect size every time and save time!
- You can skip the custard powder and do an extra flour but the custard powder adds a nicer flavour and texture.
- You can make these biscuits into melting moments by pressing together with a thick icing.
- We generally add a big bag of choc chips and a bag of caramilk choc chips! We want them as chocolatey as we can!
- You can divide the mix into four. One batch gets a bag of choc chips, the second a cup or two of cornflakes, the third 1-2 cups of coconut and the last you can turn into jam drops.
Basic Lunch Box Cake
- You can add whatever you like to this recipe for flavourings. For chocolate cake, you can add 1/4 cup of cacao. Try lemon zest and blueberries or anything else you can think of!
- You can make this in a thermal mixer. Put all the wet ingredients in and then the dry ingredients. Then mix on speed 4 for 10 seconds and scrape the side down. Then mix on speed 5 for 30 seconds.
- We use a rectangle cake pan so that we can just cut it into squares for the kids lunch boxes but you can also cook it in two 20cm round tins.
Would you like some more lunch box recipes?
Lunch Box Snacks
Would you like to win a $250 voucher to spend on anything you like in our store? Join our VIP community below for our regular newsletters to be in with a chance!